One thing I love about “Blog Parties” is that it gets you connected to other bloggers you may not have known about before. And connections are made that can last a long time.
With that being said, a blog who I met through the Ultimate Blog Party just nominated me for the Liebster award. So a big thank you goes out to “She Became a Butterfly and Emerged Again” for the nomination.
This award is given out to other bloggers who you enjoy reading or really enjoy their blogs, usually under 200 followers, etc.
She gave me a series of questions to answer:
- How long have you been blogging and what did you talk about the most in your first blog?
Believe it or not this is still my first blog. I’ve been blogging for a year and a half. This started out as talking about various topics before I found exactly what I wanted to focus upon which is Photography, Wine, and Explorations around California.
- Have you ever met anyone of your online friends in real life? If so, how’d it go? If not, who would you like to meet & why?
The internet has been very much apart of my life since the age of 13. It started with BBSing. So I learned from a young age that it was okay to meet those you met from the internet, but using your common sense such as meeting in public places, etc.
I’ve met many people via online including my now fiance. Yes, we met over the internet, and knowing my history it’s really not surprising.
But the best part is meeting your blogging friends in person especially if you’ve been following along with their blogs for the longest of times. You get to know them through their blogs, so by the time you meet, it’s like getting together with an old friend.
3. What’s been your most unusual job?
Believe it or not I’ve only had 3 jobs in my entire life. Working in Grocery Retail for 13 years where I started on the clean team. YES, I pushed carts. I drove a fork lift, and stocked milk 😉
And in college when I was a Resident Advisor to the job I now have which is in sales.
4. Please read one of my blog posts then come back here and tell me your opinion on it. Was it funny? Happy? Sad? What did it make you feel?
I read your post about “5 Letters to your YOunger Self.” And what an emotional roller coaster that one was. From happy, sad, to happy again. But very much reflects the journeys we go through in life.
5.If you could have 1 famous person follow you on twitter, who would it be and why?
Have I ever told you that I <3 Matthew McConaughey 😉 Been a fan of his for years. Although I don’t follow him on twitter, I really don’t follow celebrities, I’d rather have real connections made via twitter. But I’d love it if he followed back. I hope he has a google alert on 😉 HAH
6. Who is the most important person to you in your life right now and why?
I can’t just name one. It is my fiance, but also my parents. We’ve been through a lot together, and I’m grateful for all of them.
7. What is your kryptonite? Chocolate? Relationships? What?
Wine. =) Oh, and playing FoxyBingo
8. Look on my about page and list one thing we have in common so that I can learn more about you.
Although I am no musical theatre major, I actually do review theater performances from time to time over at this amazing site called “Life in LA.”
9. If you could give one piece of advice either to a specific person or to the world, what would it be?
Find the things you LOVE in life, and once you do, pursue them, and that’s the moment you will truly begin enjoying life.
10) What’s your favorite movie & favorite book?
I am one of those “Shawshank” girls 😉 And my book is the classic “To Kill a Mockingbird.”
11) What are you doing when you’re the happiest? (Stolen from Taylor)
That’s easy. Experiencing something new. =)
Okay, now I get to choose some blogs for this fun award:
6) Anne Hogan
10) Along Comes Mary
11) Krug the Thinker
So I chose 11 bloggers. When you do this, think of 11 bloggers to choose yourself. And now the 11 Questions:
1) Tell me Your Blogging Story. How did it all begin?
2) What’s something you wish you could have told your younger self?
3) Best piece of advice to give to someone?
4) What are your hobbies?
5) A blogger you can’t wait to meet in person?
6) Best Travel Experience you’ve ever had?
7) Are you good with the camera?
8) Best piece of fashion advice ever given or heard?
9) Favorite restaurant to eat out at?
10) Are you a white wine or red wine person? Or perhaps neither and just a beer person?
11) Best experience in life thus far?
Look forward to hearing your answers. Leave a comment letting me know you saw this!