This past September, while working, I had the opportunity to stay at the beautiful Cavallo Point Lodge (right in Sausalito, CA). This hidden gem is the PERFECT San Francisco getaway location if you ask me. Located right below the base of the Golden Gate Bridge offering some of the best views of the bridge out there:
Right at Fort Baker, just a few feet from the Cavallo Point Lodge.
But the lodge is pretty spectacular itself offering a bit of historic history with scenic views all around you.
The Historic Guest Lodges at Cavallo Point that sit right on Fort Baker. These historic buildings – formerly officers’ residences – are located on expansive green space encircling the parade ground with hillside or San Francisco skyline views with the city and Golden Gate Bridge directly in front of you:
Inside the lodges, offering 1 or 2 bedroom offerings, is a nice luxury getaway. Comfortable beds, with a large size bathroom that include both a shower and bathtub for you to choose from. Shampoo and Conditioners are dispensed right inside the shower.
Photo Credit: Kodiak Greenwood
A separate living room area is also available for watching TV, reading a good book or magazine, or chatting amongst family and friends.
But one of the best parts of staying here are the amenities that come with your stay:
- Most rooms face south; many enjoy views of San Francisco, the bay or Golden Gate Bridge
- Windows that open to San Francisco Bay breezes
- Ceiling fans
- Gas-burning fireplaces in most rooms
- Fine organic linens & cotton towels
- Certified organic cotton robes; slippers
- Large flat-screen LCD televisions (32″ in Historic & 36″ in Contemporary accommodations)
- Wine hour, 4 – 6 pm daily
- Iron & ironing board
- Alarm clock with iPod plug-in
- Desks with reading lights
- Comfortable chairs, ottomans & throws
- In-room movies & music selection through the TV system
- All rooms non-smoking
- ADA rooms available
- Bellman & Concierge services
- Lexus vehicles available for guest use
- Complimentary shuttle provides round-trip transportation to San Francisco and Sausalito Ferry Terminal
- Additional services and amenities are included in a per night, per guest room $25 resort fee
One of the additional amenities that can be added are is a breakfast voucher to be used at Murray Circle.
But along with a great place to dine morning, lunch or dinner, there is also an award winning spa right on site including a variety of spa services: Facials, Massages, Acupuncture and more, and they will even do in-room services, as well. Please note that the spa is undergoing a complete facelift this spring and will be closed March 2-20.
Cavallo Point Lodge didn’t forget about Romance this month and has a great Valentine’s Day Romance package available for anyone looking for last minute plans for Valentine’s Day or the entire month of February:
The Love is in the Air package includes:
- Accommodations in select Historic or Contemporary rooms
- Dinner for two at Murray Circle, savoring a Tasting Menu
- Breakfast for two daily at Murray Circle restaurant, up to $60 total
- One dozen red roses, a bottle of Champagne, and chocolates in room upon arrival
If you ask me, this would be a perfect gift, and with Valentine’s Day being on a Saturday this year, even more promising.
For more information about Cavallo Point Lodge and to make reservations be sure to visit them here.
4 Responses to Hotel Spotlight: Cavallo Point Lodge