I use to say that all the time. What is the point of making New Year’s Resolutions when people just break them, anyway? So, I stopped making them.
However, this year, it’s different. Now that I know the direction I’m headed in life, it’s like I can’t stop making New Year’s Resolutions. I feel that’s a good thing. For the first time in a long time, I have goals in my life, and a direction I want to head.
So, what are some of my New Year’s Resolutions?
1) The first one is job related. In other words, I want to find a writing job that pays. One that fits into my schedule, and one that accepts me for who I am, and the writing ability I have. I would prefer this position to be full time as I do have bills to pay.
2) It is time I build better relationships with my family and friends. I will continue to reach out, and talk to those that are important in my life.
3) I will buy myself a new Digital Camera this year. I will not settle for anything less than a DSLR. I have reached the limitations of my camera, and it is now time to stretch my learning onto something new.
4) I will continue to work on my social anxiety by attending new events where I have to continually socialize with new faces. I will make more phone calls, and I will reach out to other people. This correlates with #2, but I must reiterate this =)
5) I will write one article, blog, or post a day somewhere to continue to work on my writing skills.
6) I will learn about SEO to become more informed about internet start up companies, and what is needed to put a website ahead of everything else on various different topics.
7) I will attend a blogging conference this year.
8 I will continue to work on my cooking skills, and learn to cook and make healthier food options. It is time to start eating healthy instead of the same old, lazy routine of out of the box food.
9) I will continue to work towards becoming debt free.
10) I will attempt to paint. For years I have told myself I’ll do it one day. Well, that day is this upcoming year. I can no longer put it off. I have the equipment. Now, I just need to do it.
So, what do you think of my list? I had a lot more concrete things in my head last week, but I have since forgotten what those things were. This list is off the top of my head, but it coincides with everything I’ve been working on the last couple of months.
What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions?