Disclosure: I received product for recipe purposes. All stories and creations are my own.
It’s that time of the year again, the time when Ojai’s Pixie Tangerines are fully ripe and in season. Earlier this week I received a nice shipment from Melissa’s Produce, and let me tell you, these TASTE excellent this year. Citrus, full of flavor and juice. But, it also means they’re excellent to bake and create with.
I grabbed a jar of orange marmalade and began cooking in the fry pan. I sliced up 3 of the tangerines and threw them in with the marmalade. Some guesses as to what I was making included a sauce to go over chicken (sounds good, but no!) and some thought I was making orange marmalade, but still no.
The final creation: Pixie Tangerine Trifle
- 3 Ojai Pixie Tangerines
- 1 Cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- Angel Food Cake (store bought)
- In a frying pan combine orange marmalade and pixie tangerines sliced up. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until medium size peaks are formed.
- Grab a fun dish or glass, tear angel food cake, top with the orange marmalade mixture then top with whipping cream. Repeat this process. Decorate with Pixie Tangerines on top.
Stay tuned tomorrow as I showcase another fun recipe with Ojai Pixie Tangerines from Melissa’s Produce.