Disclosure: I received Ojai Pixie Tangerines from Melissa’s Produce on behalf of this recipe.
As promised, another recipe created on behalf of the yummy Ojai Pixie Tangerines I received from Melissa’s Produce.
This time, my mind had the recipe created in my mind before I even attempted it. Pixie Tangerine Rice Pudding. Want in on a secret? I never attempted rice pudding before, so when I saw this recipe on All Recipes, I knew it was a go. Recipe has been adapted from there.
Doesn’t it look good? And if you’ve never made rice pudding before, let me tell you, it’s so easy, and worth the effort you put into it.
- 1 Pixie Tangerine
- 1½ Cup Rice
- 1½ Cups Water
- 2 Cups Milk (1½ cups then ½ cup)
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Boil 1½ cups Water in a medium size pot. After boiling, add in 1½ cups rice. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another medium saucepan, combine 1½ cups milk with the rice. Place on medium heat. When Creamy, in about 15 to 20 minutes, it'll be done.
- Add in 1 Egg, ½ cup milk and 1 pixie tangerine sliced up to the rice mixture. Heat for another 2 minutes.
- When done, stir in ½ tsp. vanilla extract. Place in bowls then top with tangerine slices and ground cinnamon.
And voila, there you go. Another fun recipe you can create with Ojai Pixie Tangerines, that is, if you have any left over after eating them. The Citrus adds a nice blend to the creamy rice pudding giving it a little more sweetness to the mixture.