How did it get to be June already? Well, in that case, I’m planning out my summer as we speak, and I’ve come out with a GREAT list of things to do in and around Sonoma County this Summer. All 40 are listed below:
1)Francis Ford Coppola Pool Time
A very popular place to come to during the summer is none other than Francis Ford Coppola Winery. Among their “Rustic” restaurant, amazing wine tasting facilities, and their outdoor pool area, it’s a party no matter what day you attend. Pool Cabines fill up fast, so call ahead if you’re planning on using the pool area.
2)Go Tubing Down the Russian River
A favorite amongst locals and travelers from afar is booking a few days around the Russian River then spending a day floating down the river. There’s a few things to keep in mind:
Such as when the dams go in. Will have to get out and walk around those when they’re installed. Keep a look out for signs.
Having a Starting Location and and Ending Location. Have a plan in place.
and much more. Do your research ahead of time, but it’ll be worth it!
3)Apple Fair ~ Sebastopol
Sebastopol has a history of growing apples and a favorite summer festival is the annual Gravenstein Apple Fair (August 9th and 10th)
4) Russian River Rodeo Day (June 21st)
5) 4th of July ~ Sonoma Plaza
If you’re wanting a GREAT fireworks show, plan on coming down to the Sonoma Plaza to partake. Seriously, one of the best out there.
6) Lavender Festival (june 28th & 29th)
This is the one festival I’m looking forward to. Come out to one of my favorite wineries Matanzas Creek Winery and drink wine around the lavender bushes and celebrate all that is GREAT about summer!
7) Broadway Under the Stars (June 28th)
Come out to Jack London State Park and partake into a beautiful theater performance by the Transcendence Theatre Company. Let the evening completely transform you. (June 27, 28, 29 and July 2, 3, 5)
8) Movie Nights at the Vineyards
Come out to St. Francis Winery & Vineyards for their outdoor film festival every Thursday beginning July 10th through July 31st. Films featured this summer include: Breakfast at Tiffany’s, A Fish Called Wanda, The Princess Bride, and Fargo.
9) Rodney Strong Music Concert Series
Another great time to come out for a great musical concert while enjoying your favorite glass of wine at Rodney Strong.
Jazz Attack: June 21, 2014
Chris Isaak: July 13, 2014
Mindi Abair with special guest Elliot Yamin: July 26
Chris Botti: August 16, 2014
Tower of Power & Jonathan Butler: August 31, 2014
More information found here.
10) Sonoma County Fair (July 24th through August 10th)
11) Sonoma Wine Country Weekend (Aug. 29th -31st)
A favorite annual event year after year. As you enjoy the amazing food from the top chefs and sip award winning wine you also raise money to help the Sonoma County community. More info here.
12) Try a new Farm to Table Sonoma County Restaurant
There are some incredible restaurants around Sonoma County. Whether you try out a restaurant while wine tasting, or shopping around Healdsburg Square or even the Sonoma Plaza, it’s great to take in the surroundings while partaking in the food:
13) Sonoma Plaza Farmer Markets Nights (Tuesdays!)
Every Tuesday night beginning at 5pm come on out to the Sonoma Plaza as the Farmer’s Market takes over in the center. Come out to support your local farmers and growers and artisans while enjoying yummy eats on the plaza.
14) Country Summer (June 13th & 14th)
Come out to the Sonoma Country Fairgrounds for a weekend of Country Music and Summer fun out in the sun.
15) Huichica Music Festival (June 13th & 14th) Gundluch Bundschu
This annual event held every year at Gundluch Bundschu Winery.
16) Fort Ross Festival (June 26th)
17) Petaluma Music Festival (August 2nd)
18) Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic (June 14th & 15th) Windsor
See the balloons get launched at Kaiser Park in Windsor. NEW! You may purchase tickets in person beginning Friday, May 23, at the following locations: Copperfields Books in Montgomery Village, Sebastopol, Petaluma, and Healdsburg; Pack, Ship & More in Windsor; and Vintage Jewelers in Windsor. To purchase tickets online, please see the tickets page.
19) Peggy Sue’s All American Cruise (June 12th through 15th)
20) Catalan Festival (July 19th & 20th)
Every July, the Catalan Festival takes over Gloria Ferra Vineyards and Caves for a fun filled weekend of Spanish Folklore. Tickets and more information can be found here
21) Cline Cellars Wine and Dixieland Jazz Festival
22) West of West Wine Festival (August 1st through 3rd) Barlow
Come out for this fun event at the beautiful Barlow in Sebastopol as you taste wines and enjoy the events happening around you.
23) Seafood, Art and Wine Festival (Bodega Bay) August 23rd & 24th)
24) Kendall Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival
25) Camp Along Bodega Bay
26) BeerFest (June 7th)
27) Gay Wine Weekend (June 13th through 15th)
28) Toyota SaveMart 360 at Sonoma RaceWays (June 20th through 22nd)
29) Petaluma’s Art & Garden Festival (July 13th)
30) Rotating Exhibits at Charles M Schulz Museum (Mondays!)
31) Celebrate World Giraffe Day at Safari West! (June 21st)
32) Partake in Savor Healdsburg Food Tours!
33) Spend a day around the Healdsburg Square!
34) Spend a day Tasting Wine along the Sonoma Wine Trolley.
35) Dine out at St. Francis Winery ~Voted #1 Restaurant in America by OpenTable
36) Go Antiquing Along Downtown Petaluma!
37) Spend a Day around the Sonoma Plaza!
38) Take in a Show at the Wells Fargo Center
39) Visit the New Graton Casino
40) Partake in Open Studio Tours Weekend (June 7, 8th)
Tour the art galleries all around Sonoma County as artists open their galleries for this entire weekend.