There’s something about summer that SCREAMS travel. Warmer temperatures, perfect beach weather, kids are out of school, college breaks, and so much FUN from county fairs to awesome music festivals to epic camping trips that make SUMMER the perfect time to travel.
My Other Half at Crater Lake National Park
As I think about my vacation just a few weeks ago to Southern Oregon, I automatically think of all the fun memories made. And that’s WHAT Travel is all about: making memories that will last a lifetime:
Another Shot of Crater Lake
As I think about this summer, and the places I absolutely want to travel to a few ideas pop into my head for my Summer Travel Bucket List (what’s on yours?)
A Weekend in Minnesota (Minnesota State Fair, anyone?)
A Weekend in Livermore Wine Country (A new Wine Region to Explore!)
A Weekend in Palm Springs (Poolside please!)
And a Weekend in Los Angeles (To experience all Disney and see Old Friends!)
The question lies in how can I make this happen, and save money in the process? The answer comes easy when it comes to Discover, and its Discover It Miles card.
A few features this CARD has:
- No annual fee
- Fly any airline any time. Just buy a ticket and use Miles to credit your statement
- 1.5x miles for every dollar spent on purchases
- An annual credit up to $30 for in-flight Wi-Fi charges
- Miles never expire 1
- No foreign transaction fees
- Overnight shipping of a replacement card to any U.S. street address upon request
- A $0 fraud liability guarantee where you are never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- Discover it Miles cardmembers can redeem miles at any amount for cash, or as a statement credit toward their travel purchases, including commercial airline tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals, commuter transportation and taxicabs.
- As an introductory offer, Discover it Miles cardmembers will now receive double the amount of miles they’ve earned at the end of their first year – with no spending cap. That gives travelers using the Discover it Miles Card the opportunity to determine for themselves the amount of bonus miles they receive in that first year.
- Discover ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014” by J.D. Power.2
- 1 We will credit your account with your rewards balance if your account is closed or if you have not used it within 18 months.
So what it boils down to is this: The more you travel, the more you earn, and the more you’ll save for your next vacation making it EASY to keep marking things off your Summer Travel List. The key points to remember are: NO Annual Fee, Earning 1.5X miles for EVERY Dollar Spent, and can be utilized with any AIRLINE.
With those points in mind, you can make your Summer Travel Dreams a Complete Reality.
Driving through the Chandelier Tree in the Redwoods National Forest
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.